Meadow Brome is an excellent companion grass with alfalfa and performs well as a component in pasture mixes. It is similar to Smooth Brome in that it is a long-lived, sod-forming, perennial grass. However, it yields more than Smooth Brome, is much faster to recover after cutting or grazing, and has better fall growth. It does not spread as aggressively as Smooth Brome. Meadow Brome performs best on moderately deep, well-drained, moist soils.
Fleet Meadow Brome
Ideal for Pasture
- High yields and rapid re-growth
- Better alfalfa companion than smooth brome
- Excellent season-long forage quality
- Provides excellent late-season grazing
- Seed 2-5 lbs/acre in a mix or 15 lbs/acre straight