Festulolium is a cool-season hybrid of ryegrass and Meadow Fescue that combines the quick establishment, high productivity, and palatability of ryegrass with the persistence and heat/drought tolerance of fescue. It works well in pasture mixes and can provide season-long grazing. Festulolium also works well as an alfalfa companion grass and will provide high yields and very high-quality forage for dry hay, haylage, or green chopping. It should not be seeded alone due to its susceptibility to cold injury.
Spring Green Festulolium
- Very high yielding cross between Meadow Fescue and Italian Ryegrass
- Very good spring yields and fast establishment
- Excellent forage quality
- Should be mixed with other species to aid in winter survival and persistence
- Best suited for medium-heavy soils
- Seed 25-45 lbs/acre straight or 5-10 lbs/acre in a mix