NitroMax CC1 Cover Crop Mix
DIVERSE BLEND FOR COVERAGE
Oats 48.5% + Field Peas 48.5% + Radish 3%
Cover crop blend designed to maximize soil coverage and green manure production in the fall following early-harvested crops like small grains, sweet corn, vegetables, corn silage, or early soybeans.
- Excellent for chopping or grazing
- Good scavenger of N and other leachable nutrients: tall oats and field peas complement the radish in resource use and optimization, both above and below ground
- Excellent fall growth and biomass accumulation
- Winterkills in Upper Midwest
- Works on a variety of soil types
- Not a good fit after grain corn or soybeans
Planting Date: Aug. 1 – Sept. 15
Seeding: 75-100 lbs. /acre at 1⁄2 in. deep. Drill for best results. Avoid aerial application.
Call for price and to place an order
Let us Design Your Cover Crop Program!
Our cover crop mixes are a combination of both nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.
Call us for a quote at 800-352-5247.