Organic SummerMax CC6 Cover Crop Mix
JUMP-START YOUR SOIL HEALTH
Organic Buckwheat 40% + Organic Soybeans 40% + Organic Viking 220 Sorghum Sudangrass 20%
Vigorous growing warm-season cover crop mix of summer annual grasses, broadleaves, and legumes blended for maximum summer growth, weed suppression, and soil building.
- Ideal for summer fallow soil building, prevent-plant situations, or as a diverse grazing/forage mixture
- Competes with any weed and puts on tremendous growth and biomass
- Provides good summer grazing/forage
- Suitable for all soil types & field situations
- Control mixture at first sign of buckwheat and/or sunn hemp flowers to prevent volunteer seed
- Sunn hemp seed is toxic to livestock: introduce grazing animals slowly; sunn hemp plants can get woody and overly fibrous if allowed to grow past first flower (>60 days)
Planting Date: May 30 – Aug. 15 after all danger of frost has passed
Seeding: 40-50 lbs. /acre at 1⁄2 in. deep. Drill for best results.
Call for price and to place an order
Let us Design Your Cover Crop Program!
Our cover crop mixes are a combination of both nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.
Call us for a quote at 800-352-5247.