Organic WinterMax CC3 Cover Crop Mix
WINTER HARDY & SOIL BENEFITS
Winter Rye 75% + Hairy Vetch 20% + Radish 5%
Our most winter-hardy blend combines the hardiness and aggressiveness of winter rye, the N-fixation potential of hairy vetch, and the deep soil penetration of the radish for growers in northern climates.
- Winter-hardy species provide maximum soil health benefits; covering the soil during periods of peak erosion with excellent biomass in the spring
- Winter rye and hairy vetch in this diverse blend reliably winter over in the Upper Midwest
- Widely adaptable for all soil types and fertility levels
- Best planted after small grains, vegetables, corn silage, or early soybeans
- Can be planted after corn grain or soybeans but hairy vetch/radish growth will be minimal
Planting Date: Aug. 1 – Sept. 15
Seeding: 50-75 lbs. /acre at 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 in. deep. Drill, broadcast or aerial apply.
Call for price and to place an order
Let us Design Your Cover Crop Program!
Our cover crop mixes are a combination of both nitrogen fixing and biomass producing species specially chosen to maximize cover crop benefits and complement a diverse crop rotation. These mixes will improve soil structure, add and scavenge nutrients, compete with weeds and simplify the seeding process. We are also happy to work with you on custom cover crop blends that will fit any rotation, field, or soil type.
Call us for a quote at 800-352-5247.